Thursday, May 7, 2009

To the one who knocked my eye out of its socket

well, nearly. Last evening. The weather was lovely, the slight drizzle and the lush green lawns from our bedroom windows. We lifted the blinds and window and let the soft shower refresh us from the fatigue of the day. Pickles was superexcited at the water collected on the window sill and we were splashing. Then it stopped raining and we moved on to the bed, better served as Pickles' trampoline. The excitement was infectious and I was soon playing this game of knocking heads when he, he whose head weighs atleast a third of his total weight, knocks me with full force on the corner of my eye. I let out a scream first to release the pain and then burst out crying when the pain refused to go away. I could feel my skin burning.

He looked around.
Looked at me
Confused
Asked the father what had happened to 'my mamma'
Kissed me from far away
Came closer and planted big kisses on my face
Said sorry mamma
I love you mamma
and started crying.

I forgot my pain and hugged him. Couldn't bear to see him sad.
Its morning now and he cries in his sleep as he arouses. Let me go pat him.

1 comment:

Nino's Mum said...

awww... the little angel. how are you momstir? keeping well? missed reading you. hugs.