Tuesday, March 31, 2009


I sit in an old ragged pink khadi kurta with my warm pyjamas. Here comes sneeze number 37. I am snuggled into my home office chair with a pot of ginger tea with tea leaves that have travelled a long way here from Munnar via Kochi. The birds chirp outside, a few wild flowers peep up from the crackling brown grass. I drink water from a green glass bottle, popping some fever reducing medication.

My son at daycare. Z at work. My sister sips tea with someone she is so muchinlovewith. I can feel her smile. Later they go to a chocolate bar, drink cool coffee and are all chocolate eyed.

I just wait. For my boys to get back home. For a new life later this year. To fit into an old pair of jeans. To feel better. Or if nothing else, then for Saturday when five naughty ones get together as our friends visit us for lunch.

8 comments:

Nino's Mum said...

awww... hope you feel better soon.
the first bit of your post coupled with that beautiful kettle made falling ill seem envious!
how have you been? it's been a while, hasn't it?

momstir said...

I know, its been a while. Thanks for always stopping by. Wish I could invite you for some tea :)

Nino's Mum said...

:) let's do some telepathy then.

momstir said...

You mean teo-pathy?

b said...

sister, sending you some warm babushka hugs and some laung chai :)

momstir said...

Thanks, Cho. I feel much better now. Saw the new white cup? U like? Laung chai was a good change.

SUR NOTES said...

hope you are feeling better...
the photos on the post is beautiful, calm, and soothing....and i dont even have a cold.

ps did you get my film from your lib?

momstir said...

Hi gentle Sur, I am so sorry for not getting back to you about your film. The truth is that I could watch only the beginning and it was due back immediately. The interlibrary loan was really not generous time-wise. I have ordered it again, am really looking forward to watching it. I even started making a few notes.