Monday, February 2, 2009

Some nice things

I can't believe I wrote that last post, the weather is so much better now. I was also pretty sick for the past few days and am much better. I have a few minutes to myself now so sneeking in this post.

Some really lovely things happening here

Pickles now says all the time "Mama, rember" and then thinks of something that happened a few days ago. That kid has the best memory in the world. the other day she sees a bus on our way back from his daycare center and says "Mama, rember, baby take bus to airport" We had parked our car and taken a brief bus ride to the airport terminal a month and a half ago.

Then Pickles just lays down in unusual places, like next to the fireplace, and says "mama, bolo, chotte boy ko kya hua?"

He wore Z's big socks and shoes this morning, smiled his biggest smile and said 'bye mamma" as I drove out!!

This afternoon, while I was taking the elevator back to my office, a nice lady rode the elevator with me with a beautiful bunch of red tulips in an empty glass jar. I asked her if they were real and told her they were beautiful. We had this little conversation about how she had a vase in her office and I said they look lovely in the empty jam jar and she said she agrees and that she sometimes ties a little string on jars and keeps flowers in them. Nice little conversation with a complete stranger.

Then she steps out, steps back in and tugs at three lovely stems and gives me these beautiful tulips for my office.

I could've hugged her. I will the next time I see her. Thank you soooooooooo much for your kindness. I got so much more work done today, thanks to the tulips.

1 comment:

Nino's Mum said...

awww, our kids are our everyday miracles, no?
Is the 'chotte boy ko kya hua' question a game he plays with you? :) I'd love to see a pic of him again, the last time I saw one was when his dear Masi was around.
And unexpected gifts are hidden treasures that meant to keep us sane.