Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back

All good things must come to an end, I just told myself. Also, it served me right for being the laziest blogger, enjoying everyone's writing, spoilt by the handful of visitors (okay, just a couple) who visit this space and yet never moving a finger to write anything. For a while I was just happy doing posts in my head. Then one day I changed the password and forgot it. Uptil until now. The household takes a long afternoon nap. I am awake considering that I was asleep most of the morning so mindlessly I tried typing in the magic words and it worked. Thank the skies, even though dry and waterless they may be, for even the Google password recovery team promptly decided to give up on me.

So here I am back with my big self. For a few days more in the city of angels. Mostly at home, resting and getting over the fatigue of things. The more I rest, the more I need to rest. So addictive but I'm making the most of it. For the past couple of days especially, I eat (barely like a bird, more on that later), walk awhile, rest, snack, walk and so on till its night time. Sounds pretty dull but now I admire perfectly formed ice cubes, don't declare war the minute a speck of dust is around, notice my son's shoulders growing stronger and legs longer, kiss him five times a day and he even lets me (lately he would just push me away), he gurgles when I kiss his face and then asks for it again, I can smell my parents' home in Delhi with all the remodelling and wish I could soak up the smell of sawdust, the grizzling sound of the tile cutter.

Just taking it a minute at a time, I sit with my face covered in cinnamon and dahi, promising to write more often.

3 comments:

Nino's Mum said...

:) I savoured this post.

SUR NOTES said...

lovely!

good to see that you are back.

momstir said...

My dear Sur and NM,

Thank YOU both so much for coming back after this long gap. Hope you've been doing well. Wishing you a watermelony summer day... dark and cool on the outside and numbingly sweet inside.

big hugs :)